Zoom and Sched Help
- Step 1: Create a Zoom account — it’s free to sign up! There’s a Pro version available, but if you just need a quick solution to meet on video, the free version provides all the capabilities and features you need. Either way, it takes about 30 seconds to sign up for a Zoom account.
- Step 2: Download the Zoom Meetings software on your desktop and mobile. You can find the download centre here. From there, just sign in, and you’re ready to go!
- Step 3: Your internet connection is an important consideration. Typically, home internet isn’t as robust as your office network. If you have all your family members streaming movies and playing games, you might experience bandwidth issues. Zoom works great at home, in cafes, and on your mobile network (just be aware of mobile data charges). If your bandwidth is a challenge, allow your audio to prioritise by switching off your video to make sure you others can hear you.
Once you have the software installed its time to test.
Go to www.zoom.us/test to test your audio a video. You’ll join a quick test meeting to help get your settings all sorted.
- Within a few hours of purchasing your ticket, you will receive an email with the title “You’re invited to eLimmud South Africa 17 May 2020.” Please check your spam folder as they sometimes end up there.
- In the email you will receive information about Zoom, but this is for later.
- Further down in the body of the email you will see a bar that says “CREATE YOUR PROFILE + SCHEDULE”. Click on this button.
- This takes you to Sched. Note your given username, usually your first name or the first part of your email address.
- Now you must enter a password for yourself in the “New Password” box and enter it again in the “Retype Password” box. Usually passwords require a combination of upper case and lower case letters as well as a number or symbol and must be 8 characters in length. Click on “Save Password”.
- Please remember or write your password down somewhere. If you forget it, you will be able to reset it through the “Forgot Password” link.
- Now you will find yourself on your Profile Page, with some tips and fields to fill in more information about yourself as well as a space for a photograph. This makes Limmud a more social experience, but this is completely OPTIONAL. You don’t have to complete any of these fields, but you must go to the bottom of the page and click on the green “Save Settings” button.
- Under the purple Limmud banner at the top of the page you will see a button for “Schedule” and “Speakers” and “Attendees”.
- If you click on the “Schedule” button it gives you different options for viewing the schedule, e.g. Simple, Expanded, Grid, by Venue. It is all the same information, just with more or less detail, or presented visually differently to cater for different preferences.
- You can read about each session here and select it if you wish to attend it by clicking in the circle next to it. You will see a little tick. If you can’t choose between sessions, you can select more than one per timeslot and decide later, or even change your mind during a session.
- If you click on the “Speakers” button, you will see a picture of the speaker and their name. If you click on their name, you will be able to read more about them. You will also be able to select their session from here.
- If you click on the “Attendees” button, you will be able to see who else is attending Limmud.
- Once you have made your selection you can print it or email it to yourself. You will also be able to view it and change it every time you log into Sched.
- To print or email it to yourself, go to the bottom of the page where you will see a pop-up notice with the number of sessions you have selected and it will say “Saved To My Sched”. Click on this.
- This will take you to your profile page and it will have a summary of your chosen sessions. There is a “Print” button and an “Email My Sched” button.
- If you choose “Print” you will be prompted to print just as you usually would from your PC.
- If you choose “Email My Sched”, you will automatically receive an email summarising your chosen sessions. The email also has a “VIEW SCHEDULE” button at the bottom which will take you back into Sched should you wish to make changes to your selection.
- Before the start of our event, please ensure that you have downloaded Zoom onto the device you intend using.
- At 9am on Sunday the Zoom room links will be added to the Schedule. You will need to log into Sched and a few minutes before 2pm click on the link to the session you have chosen to be able to enter the room and participate in the session.
- You could also email your Sched including the zoom links to yourself as in step 17.
- At the end of the session, you should go back to Sched and click on the session you have chosen for 3pm. Repeat for 4pm and 5pm.